Associate Infrastructure Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual IT Hosting Services is actively searching for an Associate Infrastructure Engineer. IT Hosting Services is a part of our Central IT Services organization that runs the infrastructure and foundational technology that is used across all business units and within Corporate Departments. Under direct supervision you will participate in an Agile team to develop and enhance low complexity infrastructure solutions from detailed specifications (software installation, maintenance and support, system logs and problem reports, adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores) through code. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those software-defined infrastructure components. Analyzes low complexity technical problems.
About the job:
- Contributes to high quality deliverables that meet operational, security and business requirements while adhering to team standards.
- Assists in unit test case development
- Assists in developing infrastructure source code
- Develops test scripts
- Works within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product
- Participates in low-level design activities by analyzing requirements
- Assists in system design process and solution development
- Ensures that code is scalable and meets performance requirements
- Assists in troubleshooting production issues and performs root cause analysis
- Assists in the integration of infrastructure code with existing systems and public cloud vendors
- Assists in continuous improvement efforts, usability, and automation
- Interacts with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to gather and define user stories
- Assists in the development of production support documentation
- Documents how to use new technology, end-user process/procedures, product specification information, and instructions/directions
- Works in collaboration with other IT groups to gather automation requirements and critical data
- Documents change management (process/procedure changes); conducts process improvement analysis
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience. Generally 1+ years of professional experience.
- Proficient in one or more programming language and related tool.
- Basic knowledge of a business function(s) and business operations, as well as IT strategies, and methodologies, including understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Basic knowledge of shared software concepts, architectures and technical standards. Knowledge of infrastructure, cloud based platforms, and development tools.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communications skills.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand customer requirements, and making recommendations for design, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux/Windows
- Administration skills a Plus
- Basic Scripting skills (Shell, Python, Java)
- Any additional coding/scripting languages (HTML, C++) a plus .
- Understanding of LM/Enterprise ways of doing things
- E.g. SFTP, Change Control, Jira, Remedy
- Agile experience
- DB skills MSSQL, DB2, MongoDB, a plus
- Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Docker), a plus
- Network skills, a plus
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From