Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Technology is actively searching for an Architect. GRS Technology provides support and operations for all global specialty lines including North American Specialty, National Insurance, Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM), and Liberty Mutual Surety (LMS) across 19 countries, through one unified technology team.
As an Architect you will work with your product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey. You will be aligned to the underwriting, policy administration, and service experience domains supporting the North American Specialty (NAS) & National Insurance (NI) markets. Position will be primarily aligned to National Insurance, while holistically supporting the larger NI / NAS markets.
- Responsible for establishing and providing leadership to the technology strategy and technology roadmaps as well as product recommendations (partnering with Product Owners) that enable the business at the enterprise level.
- Proactively identifies, defines, and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business.
- Provides technical leadership and systems solutions to large, strategic, highly complex system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, business applications and web-based applications.
- Utilizing strong hands on skills and expert knowledge of modern technologies, designs, develops and prototypes technology solutions as well as develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Responsible for developing standards and guidelines for enterprise wide use.
- Designs and develops IT architecture (frameworks, software/applications, data, information, and technology)
- Designs and prototypes cloud deployed and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Creates cloud deployment architecture and cloud integration solutions.
- Provides consultation on leveraging new and existing software and technology as well as evaluate open source software.
- Provides oversight at the portfolio level; influencing decision-making and prioritizing the business and architecture backlog for the programs and teams.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with Market CIO, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range product features.
- Leads teams, may have overall leadership responsibility for product architecture and design.
- Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective solutions.
- Develops strategies and architectures which support advanced security topics such as Vulnerability Lifecycle Management, Identity Management, Intrusion Detection, Authentication, Authorization and Auditing.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Recommends emerging scalable and reusable technical solutions to increase market share and reduce operational costs.
- Analyzes the technology industry, open source products and market trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Influences technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate into business plans.
- Influences the selection of software product standards and the design of standard configurations; makes significant contributions to market-centric technology roadmaps and architectural principles and frameworks.
- Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and subordinates (data mgmt., security, and infrastructure).
- Leads retrospectives and defining opportunities for experiments and POCs.
- Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Passionate about work, curious, and willing to take on difficult challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering, languages and tools.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Strong hands on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
- Experience with public clouds, platforms, and runtimes: AWS, Azure, Docker, PCF.
- Hands on API and Micro services (REST, SOAP) experience.
- Experience with evolution of monolithic applications.
- Experience with Test First design
- Good knowledge of information security.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, database scripting tools such as Flyway or Liquibase
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, architecture, technology trends, as well as security minded.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong collaborative skills; working at multiple levels: business levels, senior leadership levels, technical leadership levels and developer levels.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Exceptional technical communication skills presenting and influencing developers to senior executives
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions.
- 10% of travel world-wide might be required.
- Familiarity with the Insurance business with focus on underwriting and policy administration
- Strong integration experience
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
More Jobs From