Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Mission Control is the organization responsible for end-to-end workforce planning, technical onboarding and resource allocations for all technical departments at Facebook. This is a people manager opportunity for the Workforce Planning team within Mission Control. The manager will lead a team consisting of program managers who design, implement and continuously evolve the existing workforce planning processes for Facebook's technical organizations. This manager will work closely with cross-functional teams and leaders, most frequently with Finance, Recruiting, and HR. This manager will also have direct interaction with business leaders across several technical product groups. This manager will be accountable to strategize, plan, and execute initiatives as it relates to Facebook's employee headcount growth globally, leaning heavily on the analytics and tooling arms of Mission Control. This manager must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to influence at an executive level, and the ability to tell customized end-to-end headcount progress-to-goal and movement stories will be critical for success. The role will report directly to the head of Mission Control Planning.
- Build a high performing team which includes hiring, mentoring and developing of the program managers
- Develop and maintain scalable organization with a well-documented roadmap, goals and objectives
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Empower your team to define and document the end-to-end business processes currently used and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process optimization is key
- Help create and manage the vision and strategy to take the workforce plan to the next level of industry leadership
- Lead change management processes, like supply/demand planning and reconciliation for all of software engineering
- Understand, collaborate and influence across cross-functional organizations
- Approximately 10% travel required