Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
Ribbons Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We are looking for a seasoned finance executive well-versed in capital markets, financial technology, financial planning & analysis, corporate development, and team building to help drive us to the next level of growth and beyond.
How you'll make homeownership achievable:
- Serve as the lead financial executive for the Company, overseeing and representing all financial and accounting operations, and building cohesion and synergies across Finance.
- Be responsible for adhering to all generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), tax and regulatory laws, rules and regulations to accurately reflect the financial position of the Company at all times.
- Work closely with the Board and Leadership team to optimize revenue growth across a number of key levers.
- Be hands-on and integrated into the day-to-day of the business.
- Develop appropriate budget and forecast process that reinforces the established culture of accountability and help the company measure and calibrate performance in an ongoing and consistent manner.
- Lead all treasury activity for the Company, including appropriate investment of liquid assets, oversee asset-liability management and ensure Ribbon satisfies all capital, liquidity and leverage requirements.
- Work with the CEO to run capital markets and the deal process for fundraising. The VP, Finance should bring deal flow into the Company.
- Be a trusted advisor to the CEO and other executives; be a key, objective source of advice and counsel as the executive team makes both big and small decisions.
- Lead by example and invest in developing the existing team and attracting new talent to Ribbon Home.
- The VP, Finance will be a thought leader and practitioner who focuses on data driven decision making, collaboration across the organization, and can attract a world-class finance team as Ribbon Home continues its high-growth trajectory.
- They will be someone who enjoys the challenge of working for an ambitious early stage company, looks and sounds like s/he can weather the storm, will always seek out options and positive outcomes despite adversity, and never gives up. The team and Ribbons investors will look for resilience, perseverance and pragmatic optimism in our VP, Finance.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience and knowledge across financial domains (accounting, finance, audit, risk, tax).
- Demonstrated ability and interest to identify business challenges and leading cross-functional change. Not simply identifying, but executing beyond the scope of finance.
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset and track record of success in a fast-paced fintech or complex, technology-enabled organization. Strong track record of working directly with multiple stakeholders such as boards, lenders, and owners.
- Experience managing & refining a companys financial structure & balance sheet management; serving as a lead interface with the financial community; and supporting M&A due diligence & acquisition integration, while maintaining organic growth momentum.
- Energetic, motivated, and results-oriented leader with a track record of designing, building, and leading an effective finance function within environments of rapid pace and change.
- Experience developing budget and forecast processes.
- A unique combination of a highly entrepreneurial mindset/growth culture and an ability to take a leading role in bringing operational excellence into the company. The ideal candidate will understand the concepts within an early stage company experiencing hyper-growth.
- Experience working in Real Estate
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.