Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products and tools make saving and investing accessible, affordable and simplified, in order to help our users build and grow generational wealth.
We are seeking a highly creative, energetic and growth-driven VP who will define and establish our communications strategy and brand voice. Our ideal hire will build strong relationships with key audiences and use their influence and excellent story-telling skills to energize and align both internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of success, building and positioning brands as well as establishing relationships with trade and consumer press.
What youll do:
- Develop a comprehensive and actionable Communications strategy to elevate the Stash brand and drive increased engagement with customers, influencers and the media
- Craft concise and compelling storytelling for our products, features, solutions and tools to clarify and simplify our customer, influencer and media messaging
- Ideate, coordinate, and execute aggressive growth strategies with the growth marketing team (paid and organic efforts)
- Partner with HR to develop best practices for internal comms and ensure alignment for our key strategic initiatives and priorities
- Leverage market/customer research and data insights to develop press-worthy narratives that drive awareness and engagement
- Oversee key assets including press releases, media updates, exec talking points, presentations, Q&As, fact sheets, industry/competitive/governmental tracking
Who were looking for:
- 12+ years of experience leading strategic communications in the technology and/or financial services industry
- Startup experience is a must
- Superior writing skills with the ability to craft provoking and compelling narratives
- Significant experience with developing research and thought leadership initiatives
- Experience managing internal PR teams and external agency relationships
- Candidate should be a strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, and a team player that is motivated by getting their hands dirty
- Must be highly motivated, possess a positive attitude, have excellent organizational skills, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to work efficiently, managing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From