SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business. Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
About The Role
As the VP of Product at SevenRooms, you will be responsible for setting the product direction and driving major strategic initiatives to deliver innovative technology solutions to hospitality venues at a time when they need it most. You will work closely with our Chief Product Officer and our senior leadership team across the organization to define product strategy, build and optimize the roadmap, and lead our product development efforts. You will manage, mentor, and build a team of product managers and designers.
What Youll Do
Product and feature lifecycle
- Own product strategy planning including overall team and roadmap investment in collaboration with CPO
- Manage and set roadmap including feature prioritization and scoping in collaboration with CPO
- Oversee product & feature planning; define respective product and/or business KPIs
- Management of feature development in collaboration with engineering and design
- Go-To-Market and feature release planning in collaboration with product marketing
- Post-release feature management - adoption, performance, and reiterations for release in collaboration with Product Marketing
Product Fit & Market Landscape
- Understand and communicate the high-level market landscape such as market trends and changes in collaboration with CPO and Product Managers
- Assess and map competitive landscape across all products in collaboration with Product Marketing
- Develop and manage product partnership such as integrations
- Represent the 7R product in enterprise client and partnership meetings
Organization & People Management
- Communicate product roadmap and key updates across the Product Team and greater organization
- Grow and scale the Product Organization through process Implementation and resourcing; streamline existing processes to achieve efficiency throughout the organization
- Inspire, encourage, enable, and develop high performers, while building a culture of predictability, accountability, and consistency
- Recruit and hire new talent in collaboration with Talent Acquisition
- Build and execute career pathing framework for Product Team
- Create a culture of transparency and alignment through regular communication
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience building SaaS products, including products built from scratch as well as throughout the entire product lifecycle
- 8+ years of experience managing Product teams, with a passion for developing the careers of high-performing product managers and designers
- Prior experience scaling a product organization at a Series B+ company
- Driven by data, able to successfully balance quantitative and qualitative input to make decisions
- Experience creating and nurturing a feedback loop cross functionally with Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing
- Strong understanding of the complexity and nuances of different market segments (SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise) and the ability to develop a product lifecycle that is strategically tailored to the needs of each segment
- Extensive experience with building high performance, global product teams. Skilled in designing processes and strategies to recruit, retain, mentor, train and lead a world-class team
- Experience with hospitality or restaurant technology is a huge plus
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot.
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK