Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are seeking a UX Copywriter who knows how to write for a digital product experience. It all starts with empathy. You'll need to understand our customers to create customer personas, narratives, and journeys. From there, you'll use data and hypotheses to craft straightforward yet human copyall the while incorporating our developing brand voice.
What you'll do:
- Work with our research and data teams to understand problems and create hypotheses
- Create user narratives in collaboration with product designers and managers
- Establish product feature positioning and naming
- Create taxonomy and term systems that are optimized for SEO/ASO
- Write the right words from error messages and buttons to value props and help articles
- Collaborate with other writers and creative team regularly to keep continuity across the brand
- Drive voice and tone alignment across all of our products
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience as a professional writer
- 1+ years experience as UX writer or similar role
- A strong portfolio of relevant work
- Ability to make the complex simple
- Passion for crafting positioning and shaping products
- Understand how to combine UX writing with brand voice in perfect balance
- Knowledge of how to synthesize and use data and research
- Obsession with style guides (CMOS, specifically)
- Ability to work autonomously and communicate across multiple teams
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
*Equity In Stash *Flexible Vacation
*FourFamily-Friendly Medical Plans *TwoDental & One Vision Insurance Plan
*401k * Learning & Development Stipend
*Commuter Benefits *Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
*Employee Referral Bonuses *Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
*Thursday Happy Hours *Catered Lunch on Fridays
*Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.