Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A Technical Support Intern candidate at Datto will possess good judgment skills, display a solid sense of urgency when handling customer interactions, and have a passion for customer satisfaction. This position is well suited for you to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment and are focused on seeing customer issues through to completion. You should not be afraid to ask questions and work well with your surrounding teams. There are multiple shifts available to work, and occasionally they may be adjusted for the needs of the business.
Does This Describe You:
You're driven and highly technical.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Building ongoing relationships with customers
- Developing technical and business expertise of all Datto products
- Developing a solid grasp of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Working with leadership to improve skill sets and further career development opportunities
- Creating articles for our customer-facing knowledge base when related information is not present
- Motivated by learning new things in an environment filled with learning new technologies including virtualization, cloud computing, ZFS file systems, scripting, and Linux command line
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Computer literacy skills
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Experience configuring routers/switches and basic networks
- Knowledge of Windows operating system, basic configuration, hardware, RAID, file sharing, and VSS aware backup
- Experience working within Linux command line and scripting
- MAC experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work through difficult or stressful customer issues
- Able to approach support issues from a training perspective when required
- Perseverance, adaptability, positive attitude, attention to detail, teammate and a good sense of humor are required
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From