Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Technical Solution Engineer
The Technical Solution Engineer is responsible for the creation of technical multi-component solution designs, and partners with Enterprise and Technical Architects to identify and implement solutions that enable the business. The Technical Solution Engineer will lead, with influence, a project team to ensure the technical success of a project, utilizing the primary expertise in the evaluation and creation of multiple solution design options meeting complex project requirements and constraints.
- Authors Project Technical Solution Architecture documents that define the agreed solution architecture for a project including scope, interface design, impacted components, risks and necessary trade-offs including finding areas for re-use
- Reviews, comments, and approves deliverables created as part of the project delivery methodology
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes
- Reviews designs for their ability to achieve business benefits within the estimated cost restraints
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects to review and contribute to Enterprise Technology Roadmaps
- Creates and communicates initial estimates including suggested solution, IS impacts, IS costs for minor, small, and enterprise projects
- Collaborates with vendor partners for integration of partner development activities within project timeline
- Establishes strong working relationships with Solution, Enterprise, and Technical Architects
- Establishes strong working relationships with the business, operations and other technology team members
- Participates in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives
- Participates in firm-wide Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensures that the technology organization is aligned to corporate technology directions
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer, or Information Technology discipline, or a related engineering/computer field.
- 5+ years experience implementing Information Technology in an enterprise of similar technical breadth and scale. Ideally across multiple functional roles including Architect, Design, Code, Test, Deploy, and Operate
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Telecom BSS/OSS experience preferably in Amdocs
- Application experience including: CRM, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management, Retail POS, Commissioning, Collections, Data Warehouse, Analytical applications
- Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF
- Software Development: Java
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle ESB
- Databases: Oracle
- Understanding of software development lifecycle practices
- Knowledge of Interface patterns, and typical system integration techniques
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML, Angular, Node.js
- Standards & Methodology: CMMI, RUP, Extreme, Agile
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.