Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchios New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $472 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek, Fidelity, and Almanac
About The Role:
The Bowery Farming Robotics and Automation team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support operations and technology-based projects. This hire will own existing projects as well as initiating projects all the way through until completion. The role will involve managing projects through waterfall methodology and involves hands-on exposure to the projects in regards to PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs, and numerous pieces of farm equipment.
What You'll Do:
- Manage parallel projects in all phases across multiple locations
- Lead meetings and provide updates to leadership
- Track progress of released projects in reference to Robotics & Automation initiatives
- Work cross-functional with various groups at Bowery Farming
- Oversee data and process-related tasks such as ECOs (engineering change order) and providing updates to process changes
- Manage project related vendor relationships
Who You Are:
- An experienced project manager with technical understanding in the robotics and automation fields with projects relating to factory initiatives and installations
- Experience with project implementation during production hours
- Some level of experience programming and using PLCs, SCADA systems, VFDs, and machinery
- Working knowledge of project management software (Google, Asana, Smartsheets)
- Willing to Travel up to 25%
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowerys produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.