Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to build a robust platform and experience that allows Instagram users to create and share short form videos. As a TPM on Instagram, you will work closely with product, engineering and cross functional teams to build the roadmap and deliver on critical programs that empower teams to iterate quickly. You will work horizontally to create impact for Instagram by enabling products to move fast and lead various quality, efficiency, and scalability initiatives.The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, adept at collaborating cross-functionally, and focused on advancing Instagram engineering initiatives. This is a constantly evolving and a fast growing space, and the TPM is expected to be flexible and pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones for your team
- Identify opportunities to win in specific markets and translate needs from the Product Growth team to the engineering team and drive execution
- Develop and manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas, facilitating relationships across teams within Instagram to manage dependencies and optimize resources
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects that align with the company mission and goals with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
- Collaborate with engineering and product management partners to define roadmap and long-term strategy for your teams domain
- Roadmap and communicate program updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders, identify dependencies and perform risk/change management on projects
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
- Develop and manage end-to-end programs and ensure on-time delivery