Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to support our developer experience team. As a Technical Program Manager on the Instagram Product Infrastructure team, you will work with various teams to assess product needs and drive evolution of our ML platform, including supporting Instagram and Facebook product teams integration with the platform. In this capacity, you will also collaborate with Facebook Infrastructure teams on initiatives to help Instagram bring new products to market and scale to our next billion users. Lastly, you will drive programs that ensure the resiliency of other key aspects of our infrastructure, including release, stability, and reliability. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, passionate building scalable services, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to innovate on existing solutions, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up-to-date on technological developments
- Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across Instagram and Facebook to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources between media infra groups
- Work with Product and Engineering to define your team's roadmap and execution strategy
- Drive internal process improvements across teams, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
- Develop robust engineering accountability measurements, maintaining high quality engineering work
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast paced environment across a dynamic team through project planning and interpersonal skills