Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In 2017, Mark shared in his Community note that he changed the company's mission to focus on bringing people together through the power of community. Over the last 9 months, we've redesigned the FB app (the recently announced FB5) to put Groups at its heart. Over the past 3 years, the Groups team has grown significantly to support our goal to help everyone find a community meaningful to them, which we base on ground truth research about what people self-report as meaningful (parenting communities; cancer support communities; biking clubs; pet groups; religious groups, etc.).
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager on the Groups team. You will use your knowledge and passionate to build products and drive end-to-end system integrations across teams within Facebook. You will be guided to go deep on learning your teams systems and leveraging your knowledge to launch meaningful Groups features to our community.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate? Technical Program Managers work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, product reliability and quality, and growth. You must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and go beyond execution. Analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are essential.
This is a full-time position based in New York.
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical product solutions and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage cross-functional products and programs in a matrix organization.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk and change management, day-to-day coordination and quality assurance.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Drive requirements and scope with Engineering and cross-functional teams.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
More Jobs From