Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Platform pillar is tasked with building, delivering, and maintaining the technology platforms that Cedar builds its business on. Our Platform Core squad is responsible for the care and feeding of our software stack. They tackle large sophisticated projects to enable the business to scale, ensure our developers have a best-in-class runtime and development environments, help debug complex application issues, and make strategic bets on technology to enable new innovation.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced Platform Core Technical Lead to join our team and level up this core function, partnering with us as we grow a world-class Engineering organization. They will be responsible for leading hands-on work across our entire product suite. This will involve diverse work, operating nimbly by directing a team to identify and resolve a production bug in our data pipeline at one moment and forklifting our codebase to accommodate a major Django version bump the next. In addition, the Platform Core Tech Lead will partner with the Chief Architect and Engineering leads to evolve core software stack and long-term technical strategy. This individual will work closely with other specialists across the organization as well as Product so excellent communication skills and a collaborative mentality are crucial. This is a technical leadership position that does not include people management in its current scoping, though there is longer-term potential for this.
- Provide technical leadership to a squad of engineers within Platform Core across Cedars suite of products
- Continuously evolve the Cedar software stack to improve efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Partner with Chief Architect to appropriately prioritize long-term technical investments and ensure those are factored into Engineering planning.
- Maintain a broad and deep knowledge base of our entire platform
- Work across Software Engineering teams to share findings, drive best practices and call out major issues.
- Always strive to improve developer efficiency through local development environment improvements.
- Partner with Engineering Management to build the vital tools and processes for this function.
- Ensure technical issues within the Cedar platform are resolved quickly and with the highest quality solutions.
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgment, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of professional software development in backend
- Experience with technical leadership over a team of software engineers
- Experience with Python, Django, and Postgres (also Redis, Celery, Elastic, and Snowflake desirable)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience leading a product from a technical standpoint from inception through growth and sustain (ideally also to sunset)
- Experience in a platform engineering environment
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager (DevOps) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.