Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Business Integrity's mission is to ensure safe and trusted connections between people, businesses, and Facebook. Our team defends Business to Consumer (B2C) commerce by detecting, enforcing, and summarizing bad actor activities, as well as consulting on product solutions that can solve these problems at scale. We accomplish this by leveraging our deep experience, our adversarial mindset, and strong tech and data skills. In the average week, we expect to find a large bad actor or network, to vet several large new actors as safe enough to join the platform, and to inform signals, rules, or product development.
- Lead a team of technical individuals using deep investigative experience and technical skills to identify those responsible for abuse on our platform
- Coach the team to extend one-off discoveries into Standard Operating Procedures that can be followed by other investigators
- Develop risk assessment frameworks, mitigation frameworks, and software tools based on the abuse discovered
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product, Software Engineering, and other integrity-focused groups to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Help grow the team to creatively self-identify gaps, problems, and needs, then come up with robust solutions with relative independence