Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals. Together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
As a Technical Editor, youll work alongside a dynamic team to drive quality standards across Unqorks content. Your focus will be in applying consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. And youll bring a strong understanding of customer needs and experience as a customer advocate. Working with subject matter experts, and stakeholders on the team, youll use the editorial process to deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers.
This role will report to the Technical Writing Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a customer advocate, using the editorial process to ensure a high-quality experience for internal and external customers.
- Drive consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. Youll review and edit content created by the Technical Writers for clarity, grammar, punctuation, spelling, content, and style. Making certain that all content meets company standards. This includes video scripts, close captioning scripts, training materials, articles, user guides, configuration guides, and occasionally marketing materials.
- Providing feedback and advice to the Technical Writers based on review and edits completed.
- Manage and maintain the editing process ensuring multiple quality checks for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
- Manage and maintain our internal style guide and word lists for group use.
- Meet with subject-matter experts to establish consistency on content changes.
- Develop templates for the Technical Writers that are easy to adapt and apply and streamline processes.
- Publish In-product Help and other content as needed.
- Conduct quality assurance on published content.
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing, publishing, and the Unqork platform.
- Development of new content.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience as a technical writer within a team setting for a Saas-type organization - especially a growing organization with minimal structure.
- A structured approach with attention to detail and a strong familiarity with grammar, spelling, and punctuation. A proven ability to write and edit digestible technical content. Ability to make complex topics easy to understand.
- Experience working with Jira in an agile environment.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills. An understanding of the technical aspects of a company and industry with the ability to relate this information back to readers.
- Experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities.
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results.
- Style manual expertise.
- Publishing experience.
- Some familiarity with Madcap Flare and Central.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age.