Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Java/J2EE Technical Architect (DMS)
The Java/J2EE Technical Architect provides technical guidance on client engagements, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business (property & casualty insurance) and technology issues.
- Provides technical guidance on client engagements, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues
- Works within Technical Architecture team to define the integrations required to achieve the business imperatives, how the components relate to each other and meet application performance goals
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Defines the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant technology developments and seek opportunities to deploy new technologies that benefit the client
- Designs and develops cost effective solutions that meet functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Performs Design / Code Reviews
- Participates in Conformance Reviews
- Ability to draft technical design document based on the High level discussion with customer
- Ability to support cross technology Integration
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information and Technology, Software or Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in software development
- Or Masters degree plus minimum of 6 years related professional experience
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Experience in using IDEs like Eclipse and NetBeans with Servers including WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat and JBoss
- Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to identify and understand technology trends within the industry
- Experience with Java Solutions and SQL and relational database design
- Demonstrated experience with XML and XSL
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- Experience with systems integration (Distribution Management, Policy, Billing, claims, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Distribution Management Platform solutions with Integration support to Duck Creek Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading large teams and managing employee performance
- Travel: 25%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met