Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This role will focus on the strategic planning, design, and implementation of taxonomies for Instagrams product teams. Responsibilities will include leading categorization and labeling, collaborating with machine learning engineering teams, and helping to develop content understanding systems. The work will focus on developing, maintaining, and growing multi-dimensional taxonomies to support several product spaces, and collaborating with taxonomists across the company on related taxonomy and ontology efforts. The role will also include creating standards for taxonomy governance and management, standards for vocabulary and metadata, processes and criteria for change management, and development of cross-functional relationships.The person in this role will be expected to have the skills to collaborate with and influence other teams and stakeholders. The right candidate will be self-directed, and adept at partnering with different teams across the organization to contribute to overall business and user experience objectives.
- Provide thought leadership for information architecture and taxonomy development and adoption.
- Utilize industry best practices for taxonomy development and maintenance.
- Coordinate and prioritize taxonomy work by working closely across departments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plan and design taxonomy management and maintenance programs.
- Consult with internal product partners to expand our taxonomy to support product and business goals while building extensible durable structures.
- Identify requirements through engagement with product partners.
- Deliver communication plans and training to assist internal users in socialization and adoption of new tools.
- Serve as point of contact for taxonomy content and structure guidelines.
- Collaborate with content strategy and product design partners to ensure user-facing taxonomy labels are simple, straightforward, and human, in accordance with Facebook and Instagram content strategy standards.
- Drive continuous improvements to taxonomy development and processes.
- Serve as a strategic resource for labeling and model building efforts.
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot data quality problems from labeling and modeling predictions for informing taxonomy improvements.
- Identify features and tools to support taxonomy development and process efficiencies.
- Research internal data to inform taxonomy improvements.
- Educate stakeholders on an ongoing basis to champion the taxonomy process, workflows and implementation frameworks.
- Collaborate with other taxonomists on establishing best practices and editorial guidelines for taxonomy development.
- Provide internal teams insights on industry best practices around the use of taxonomies for data and metadata management, privacy and business integrity.
More Jobs From