Device42 is the most comprehensive agentless discovery system for Hybrid IT available today. We give you accurate, comprehensive, and current insights into your computing environments to provide you the data you need to manage, transform, and optimize with confidence.
Device42 is looking for a problem-solving technologist to become our next Systems Administrator. In this role, youll be responsible for building, implementing, and managing products and solutions for the lab and production environments, while ensuring 24/7 availability. The ideal candidate will have proven technical experience with a strong foundation in operating systems and networking skills.
- Design, build, implement, and manage products and solutions for Device42s lab and production environments
- Monitor and maintain all system equipment and services
- Participate in the planning and coordination of new product deployment and enhancement projects, ensuring preparedness in servicing the product
- Develop system analysis and reporting tools and tools for task automation
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans.
- Provide direct support to Software Development, Quality Engineering, Customer Support, Professional Services and third party vendors as needed to support the company
- 2-4 years total experience with systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting
- An ability to work well in high pressure environments
- Strong Linux skills (RHEL or Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, network devices such as switches, hubs, routers, firewalls
- Shell, Powershell, Python or Perl scripting
- Experience in automation and managing large server environments
- Previous on call experience
- LDAP/Kerberos authentication against Microsoft Active Directory
- SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc)
- Hands on experience with automation and configuration practices and tools such as Ansible or Chef
Bonus points for:
With our HQ in West Haven, CT and expansion offices in Boston and Denver, were excited to continue consistent 100% year over year growth. Were a team of dedicated, innovative, and collaborative individuals building the solution for Hybrid IT environments.