Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a news media professional to join the News Partnerships team as a Strategic Partnerships Manager. This role will identify, plan and execute initiatives that build relationships with publishers in the US and serve as the primary account management contact at Facebook for these publishers.A demonstrated passion for the news and publishing industry and how it intersects with technology are musts for this job. An understanding of news business models and where opportunities lie for partners building a business on Facebook is key.The Media Partnerships team is the external arm of Facebook and works with the worlds largest and most exciting organizations on high-profile projects across the full suite of Facebook Inc. products.
- Account management: Become the primary point of contact for and maintain strong relationships with Facebooks partners, helping them solve problems and achieve their business goals
- Manage strategy, implementation and optimization of Facebooks partnerships with news organizations in the US
- Collaborate with partners to develop innovative and high-impact social integrations, and drive operational management of partnership projects
- Be an advocate within Facebook for partners, including with product teams and around operational issues
- Work with relevant internal teams to ensure that Facebook is taking partner input into account in product and policy decisions
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners