Who we are
Our goal is to make it easy to find credible information on Twitter and to limit the spread of potentially harmful and misleading content. We are exploring and developing new solutions to scale and accelerate the ability to respond to misleading information, and ultimately help Twitter customers come away better informed.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an engineer who has backend experience and ideally ability and interest to work full stack to help accelerate all aspects of the project — from backend development, to APIs, to integrations with other Twitter systems (Health, ML, etc), even potentially assist with client development if needed. We are looking for someone who would be able to help the team make smart architectural decisions quickly.
What you’d do
- Design elements of our backend architecture with an initial focus on enabling rapid iteration to validate product hypotheses (and plan for broader, scalable designs if hypotheses are validated)
- Work with Core Services and Platform leads to identify dependencies and plan work
- Build and design novel user-facing product experiences
- Design and drive integrations with Twitter’s health processes
- Partner with client teams to define APIs, and potentially even assist in building client code and product experiences
- Drive communication and coordination with partner teams (from Health to Legal to Core Services to API, etc).
- Help define, maintain, and own the project’s datasets conformance
- Help develop and drive guiding principles for the team on how it operates
Who you are
- Passion for the problem of misleading information & creating a better informed world
- Strong written communication skills (to support both our distributed team operations and inter-team collaborations)
- Ability to move fast and get things done (to enable rapid iteration on the core product)
- Enjoy a rapid iterative approach / the 0-to-1 experience
- Enjoy working across teams
- Enjoy working with a small, nimble team
- Comfortable (maybe even excited) to work on a distributed team
- Comfortable writing code that may not be used (given iterative/testing approach)