Who We Are
Join Twitter’s Build team as a seasoned developer productivity engineer, and work on the next generation of efficient build systems supporting thousands of Twitter developers worldwide. Our work includes leveraging the power of scale to accelerate developer workflows in our monorepo, including custom tooling, distributed systems, and open source work with Bazel and Gradle. If you are strongly interested in improving developer productivity, the edit/build/test workflow and proficient with algorithms and data structures as well as one or more of Java, Scala, and Python, check us out.
This role is particularly well-suited to engineers with a passion for empowering teams by leading and mentoring others, as well as leveraging your rich industry experience to improve the efficiency of Twitter’s infrastructure at scale and developers’ productivity via innovation on tooling and methodologies. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems - you will find this role liberating, challenging and most of all fun. We are Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organization, and we help Twitter engineers develop world class software by implementing build systems for complex, polyglot source code, and partnering with source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure to match.
What You’ll Do
- Understand developer workflows and help improve their experience through instrumentation, analysis, development, optimization, and work with Bazel and Gradle.
- Design, develop and deliver distributed engineering build tools and platforms for one of the largest code bases in the world, using multiple languages.
- Mentor junior developers as they grow their careers, personally and professionally
- Lead project teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Bring partners together across organizational and functional boundaries
- Participate in Twitter-wide engineering forums
- Work collaboratively in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Work tightly with the Open Source community to coordinate contributions to the tools and help define the roadmap
- Evangelize adoption of open source tools in the developer community at large
Who you are
You will have experience with most of the following:
- Scala, Java (or any JVM language) required
- Python, C/C++, Go
- Bazel, Pants, Buck, Gradle, sbt, or Maven at monorepo scale
- Development of build tools, cloud caching and IDEs
- Algorithms and data structures
- Web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Open source community
- Large, polyglot code bases.
- Agile development methodologies, CI/CD
- Engineering teams implementing build systems for complex source code, developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.