As a member of Dattos BCDR team, you will enhance and improve the software powering the SIRIS and Alto business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) products, ~90K devices deployed across all 7 continents for our Managed Service Provider (MSP) community.
Dattos BCDR devices are Linux powered backup appliances that perform block-level snapshots of physical, virtual, and public cloud based servers. Application consistent backup data is stored as raw disk images in a local ZFS-based disk array.
In the event of data loss, customers can recover data in a variety of ways including; restoring files or directories, mounting volumes as iSCSI targets or Samba shares, launching a backup as a local or remotely hosted virtual machine, or deploying a backup to physical hardware.
- You have a passion for technology, software engineering, and continuous learning
- You offer new ideas and a unique point of view
- You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You eagerly seek and give help
- Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion
- You are inquisitive and focused, and see every challenge as an opportunity
- You would rather create the future than wait for it
- You have excellent communication skills
In this job you will:
Partner with your technical colleagues to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers.
Work on complex systems that rely on internal and external libraries using multiple languages, primarily Python
Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and code base
Troubleshoot low level linux and file system issues
Collaborate with multiple teams to improve the products performance, scalability, durability, and security
B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
You have a passion for technology, software engineering, and continuous learning
3+ years of professional experience developing back-end solutions in an object-oriented language such as Python, PHP, Java, C++, or C#
Comfortable with Linux command line programming and deep understanding of file systems
Excellent communication skills and able to collaborate with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion