The Machine Learning Ethics, Transparency & Accountability team, known as META, sits within Cortex, Twitter’s centralized Machine Learning organization. The team is responsible for investigating the fairness and transparency of Twitter’s automated algorithmic decision making systems.
We believe in the power of bringing multiple perspectives together. The Machine Learning Ethics, Transparency & Accountability team operates at the intersection of Machine Learning, Social Science, Policy, Legal and User Research in collaboration with numerous partners from across Twitter.
What You’ll Do:
The product manager for the META team will be responsible for establishing the team’s research strategy and supporting their day-to-day execution against it. They will work closely with product managers from across the company to help understand the implications of automated decision systems, working with the team to help them craft and implement solutions to mitigate bias issues. They will act as a trusted specialist advisor to leadership on strategic matters relating to Machine Learning Ethics, Transparency & Accountability, and communicate findings to the rest of the company and, when appropriate, to the academic community. They will help us develop standard methodologies for responsible Machine Learning product development across the organization and drive product strategy for a team of engineers and researchers on everything related to Machine learning Ethics, Transparency & Accountability at Twitter, motivating product decisions.
Who You Are:
Twitter is looking for an experienced technical product leader with domain expertise to drive our strategy for ensuring that Twitter’s use of Machine Learning is ethical, transparent and unbiased. They should have both a deep technical background and a strong, customer-centric approach to product management, which they will have repeatedly demonstrated through past projects. As the Machine Learning Ethics, Transparency & Accountability team is a part of our centralized Machine Learning organization, they should also be experienced with crafting roadmaps that serve internal customers and be able to use a strong toolbox of tried and tested processes for ensuring effective communication teamwork across organizations.
To be a good match, this person probably has:
- Technical expertise in Machine Learning ethics, accountability & transparency
- A validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams
- Significant experience with both establishing and delivering on product strategies within a larger organisation, to the clear and measured benefit of internal customer teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow them to excel at being an advocate for the teams they support and charter across Twitter
- Experience getting things done through influence rather than authority
- A demonstrated ability to simplify and present technical concepts to non-technical partners to explain impact and drive support
- A strong growth mentality
- 2+ years of prior product experience within the field of Machine Learning ethics, fairness & transparency.
- 8-10 years of overall product management or related experience
- MEng or MSci in either Machine Learning or a related technical field, ideally with a strong background knowledge in Computer Vision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.