Office Tour Photos
We are looking for Staff Accountants to help support our Accounting department. The ideal candidate has excellent business acumen, proficiency in managing and analysing big data, and is skilled in utilising financial systems and tools to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of processes. The role will have access to accounting and finance leadership, use cutting-edge technology to automate and operate accounting processes, and be hands-on in the development and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and become a part of the Datto team.
- Assist in month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary
- Record monthly journal entries, cash transactions, and prepare related account reconciliations including but not limited to bank reconciliations, prepaid expense, accrued expenses, accounts receivable and deferred revenue.
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including consistent compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Actively maintain and review designated general ledger accounts and activity
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Human Resources, and Supply Chain Operations
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Assist with external audit requests during both the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- BS in Accounting
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 0-3 years of progressive accounting experience in a public accounting firm or experience working for a public company.
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system; NetSuite is preferred
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Strong systems orientation with a desire to drive process automation, using financial systems and tools
More Jobs From