: Sr. Software Engineering Manager, Engineering Effectiveness
Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
- We help engineers at Twitter iterate faster, ship high-quality products, and enjoy doing it.
- Our vision is to enable software development at the scale of Twitter, but with the ease and speed of a startup.
- We build products which service the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC). These include build tools, code review workflows, source version control systems, CI/CD pipelines, performance tools and metrics, open-source, and technical education and documentation.
- Our customers are all engineers at Twitter, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
- Our motto is speed, quality, and joy.
What You’ll Do:
- Joining the Engineering Effectiveness organization, leading multiple teams and areas.
- Working with other Engineering Effectiveness leaders, Product Management, and other stakeholder organizations on setting the long term vision for Engineering Effectiveness and defining what developer journey looks like at Twitter
- Growing senior talent by coaching Engineering Managers and senior ICs
Who You Are:
- If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Managed multiple teams
- Experience hiring and developing first-line engineering managers.
- Experience with full-stack product development.
- Experience with developer tools and the frustrations that come along with it.
- Experience leading distributed teams is a bonus.
- Ability to set roadmaps for multiple teams and track execution for large projects
- Ability to connect the dots among disparate projects and requirements and be able to articulate a larger picture
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization, both in terms of scale and in terms of mission complexity. Care about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- Experience building an inclusive engineering culture, with teams that are eager to learn and deeply curious. You will be unifying several disparate engineering groups beyond your org, so the expectation is that you can create a culture that is able to attract, mentor and retain outstanding engineering talent.
- Instill a customer focused mindset to the engineering organization. Making sure we’re understanding customers and validating hypotheses before building.
- Strong people management and experience growing and coaching first-line managers.
More Jobs From
Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Revenue Experience, Ads API
October 19, 2020