Sr. Software Engineer, Smart Cities Client Experience
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a platform focused on advancing transit experiences. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform that enables transit authorities to communicate with commuters and improve the rider experience by offering interactive solutions. Youll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various owned and operated properties.
Your first 30 days:
- Spend time with engineers and product getting up to speed on the current project
- Begin implementing features from our backlog and improving software quality to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have conversations with people across the Smart Cities team to build your understanding of Transit and related products
Your first 60 days:
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the rest of the engineersto refine the Transit engineeringteams practices and processes
- Develop significant new functionality for our back-end and/or front-end services
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Develop an understanding of the transit system environment and data architecture
Your first 90 days:
- Participate in and lead technical decisions for Transit
- Design and implement significant technical architecture improvements
- Design and implementsignificant continuous integration and deployment practices
- Get involved with our hiring process to bring more engineers into our team
- Collaborate to define the technical needs for continued worldwide Transit expansion
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 5+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- You have strong experience with React
- You have strong experience with Python, or a comparable server-side language, such as Java/Scala, Go, Node.js, etc.
- You have strong experience with RESTful APIs and real-time data
- You have experience with containers and scalable deployment
- You care about building clear, maintainable code
- You are excellent at communicating and collaborating, especially with folks who aren't engineers
- You care about continuous integration and delivery
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.