Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us reinvent a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life!
Better.com is looking for a Senior Product Manager with great problem solving abilities to lead the New Partnerships Development and Implementation pod on our Partnerships Product Team! This Sr. PM will work with external partners to determine the future of mortgage lending and home ownership looks like. Additionally, you will work closely with amazingly hardworking engineers, designers, data scientists and others throughout the company to make ideas come true. This role will be the glue that holds that cross-functional effort together from start to finish.
Straddling the line between high-level approach and hands-on execution, you are proficient in product and business strategy, capable of presenting deftly about technical topics, and passionate about inventing the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Partnerships team in solutioning and onboarding new and exciting partnerships.
- Define team-level critical metrics and objectives.
- Meet with partners to develop requirements and understand partners needs.
- Act as the Product Teams primary point of contact and overseer of the implementation of new partnerships.
- Develop and manage product offering including implementation plans, assisting in the development of negotiating terms sheets and agreements, coordinating with internal and external partners.
- Bring your solutions to market by partnering with your engineering manager on the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation, and validation.
- Balance multiple partnerships simultaneously across a variety of industries.
- Worked for 5-8 years in a product management capacity at a technology driven organization
- Have experience dealing with large marquee partners
- You love dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- An analytical, metrics driven problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a customer-centered approach
- Take a friendly and thoughtful approach to client relationships, but with an ability to push back on unreasonable partner demands
- Deeply interested in problem solving and sophisticated structures
- Have a history of listening to customers, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- Committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You can understand problems on a technical level
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
More Jobs From