Sr. Product Manager - Cloud Foundry
New York, NY
At Pivotal we believe in something audacious: the world can and ought to build software better. We envision a world where product managers experience meaningful and challenging work, collaborating in an atmosphere of kindness and trust with a diverse set of teammates, developing at a sustainable pace that allows them to go fast forever. The workplace should enable teams to be quick and productive, always learning, and always improving.
The worlds most established companies run on Pivotal. The results are transformational. Through adoption of our platform, tools, and methodology, these companies have unleashed innovation and reduced time-to-market.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
Were looking for a passionate Product Manager who knows how to define, validate and communicate product vision and strategy. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You are excited by the user and business value that technology that can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing and synthesising input from many directions and enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. Were building platforms, tools, and automation, including Pivotal Application Service, Pivotal Container Service, and Pivotal Function service, to enable our customers to easily and confidently develop and run the software that powers their business. Hundreds of companies rely on our platform to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners and users of our platforms
- Work with the team to drive product definition, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our insights
- Actively engage customers and the larger open source community of users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Product management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
- Understanding of the IT operations or software development space with a passion for understanding the life of Enterprise IT Operators and Application Developers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.