Who We Are:
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping customers stay informed, inform others and discuss what matters.
The Conversations Design Team is looking for a Product Designer to join us and work on Twitter’s Direct Messages experience. The DM team is a highly collaborative cross-functional team working together to make Twitter’s private messaging experience best in class.
Who You Are:
Do you have a passion for problem solving and user-centered design? Love using Twitter? Come help us make Twitter awesome for the millions of people that rely on our service everyday. As a member of the Twitter Design team, you’ll work closely with other Designers, Researchers, and our Product and Engineering teams to bring consistency, simplicity, and ease-of-use to the Twitter experience.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our team, you’ll bring a mix of strong product design experience, “Design-Thinking” methodologies, design-system knowledge, talent, expertise, and innovative product insights to the role. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You’ll foster collaboration and consistency across teams and products by working closely with product managers and engineers (local & distributed) to build great experiences. You’ll partner with our Research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design. You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
Who you Are:
If this sounds like a fit for you, you probably have:
- 3-6 years creating product designs in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bold vision and passion for great design across mobile and web platforms.
- Experience identifying user needs, sketching solutions, creating prototypes, testing ideas with a user research team, refining designs with data and user feedback and providing guidance and feedback to engineers during the build phase.
- Experience using common tools for design and prototyping (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Illustrator etc).
- Experience working with design systems.
- Detailed documentation of interaction models and UI specifications.
- Experience working within a design team and collaborating effectively with engineers and product leaders.
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly, debate respectfully, and collaborate in everything you create.
- A good sense of when to hold your ground and when to adapt your approach or recommendations based on feedback.
- Experience with both the visual and interaction design of projects, across mobile and web platforms.
- A diverse portfolio across mobile and web, that reflects critical thinking and design excellence.
Requirements to be Considered:
You must include a link on your resume with your current design portfolio to be considered for this role. The portfolio cannot be password protected and should follow the guidance below. Applications submitted without this will not be considered.
- 3–5 recent product design examples
- Examples should demonstrate strong visual design and interaction skills
- Showcases design development, iteration, prototyping, and testing as well as use of design patterns and UI components
- Portfolio should demonstrate your customer focus and your understanding of the business needs and context you are designing for
- Clear articulation of the role you played on each project
***Note, position can be located at Twitter offices in New York, Boulder, Atlanta, San Francisco, or remote.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.