Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
The Fleets Infrastructure team is an engineering team responsible for the backend infrastructure of Twitter’s brand-new Fleets product that enables users to build and consume ephemeral content. The team faces enormous challenges in operating, scaling, and quickly innovating on a brand new, quickly-changing product that will be delivered to all hundreds of millions of Twitter users. This team is making a tremendous impact not only in the consumer Twitter product, but also regularly solving sophisticated technical challenges to build solutions to enable the product to move quickly and ensure infrastructure reliability.
What You’ll Do:
You will join the Fleets team and manage a team of hard-working, high-performing engineers. You will mentor, coach, and grow the engineers on the team. You will develop team dynamics and new processes for planning team work, streamline team operations, and ensure the team is focused and delivering results on the right priorities. You’ll align with peer engineering managers and cross-functional partners in product, design, and research to communicate status, align on priorities, and deliver value to our consumers. To do this, you will need to grow the team by hiring engineers and managers, and facilitate the creation of a long-term team vision for Fleets.
Who You Are:
A successful engineering manager will:
- Have experience in backend engineering, especially distributed systems architecture and design.
- Be able to hold effective technical discussions with engineers on the team and on partner teams.
- Be able to hold effective product discussions with cross-functional partners.
- Build cohesive, high-functioning team that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion.
- Have familiarity with A/B experiments and metrics
- Have a hunger to move quickly and ship, but also find opportunities to collaborate with partner teams to build re-usable infrastructure.
- Be an engineering talent magnet to Fleets team.
- Have a track record of mentoring, coaching, and growing their team.
- Have experience leading a distributed team.
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- 5 or more years work experience as an engineering manager
- Experience building distributed systems
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
More Jobs From