The Senior Director, Self-Insured Analytics, will be in charge of expanding the portfolio of Next Best Action Products for Self-Insured plan sponsors, in close partnership with colleagues in Commercial Product. This leader will translate advanced data science capabilities into specific components of Healthcare Product to drive enterprise Revenue for our Self-insured book of business.
You will work closely with senior leadership across Data Science, Data Engineering, Commercial Product, and Marketing, to define new opportunities and provide data science capabilities and expertise to deliver new Analytics-driven Products into the Aetna Product portfolio. You will own the development and execution of all aspects of the Next-Best-Action Product strategy to drive $35M+ annual incremental EBIT.
Lead our Self-Insured and Care management engagement analytics team.
- Main role to lead all Analytics work related to the Aetna Advice product, in close partnership with Commercial Product organization.
Advice is sold as part of our Care Management product offering, and scope today is about 4 million self-insured lives
Support roll out of Advice 1.0: Collection of 10 Next best action (NBA) member outreach, mix of preventative and site of care education, e.g., reminders for flu shot, medication adherence, breast cancer screenings, but also out of network to in network education for radiology/imaging, Lab work, etcEach NBA leverages data science and predictive analytics to tailor member intervention, and partnership with Marketing colleagues to launch complex campaigns following Agile marketing principles for rapid test and learn (A/B testing across cohorts, channels and behavioral economics principles)
Drive the execution of Advice 2.0, 2022 launch: includes more preventative topics, as well as incentives/rewards experience to further drive behavior change
Thought leadership on next iteration of Advice (Advice 3.0) for 2023 launch
Manage relationship with Commercial Product leadership, and provide adhoc support as Advice gets sold to plan sponsors
Overall thought leadership on Self-insured portfolio; Close partnership with our marketing colleagues to adapt all Creatives to Self-insured context
- Care management engagement:
Lead all analytics work for the modules that drive engagement into the Care management programs for Self-insured, i.e., send emails and text messages pre- and post- call to increase our chances that the members will pick up the phone and eventually enroll in the programs
Support our next best action campaigns designed to drive engagement into the care management programs for Fully Insured (Commercial Fully Insured, and Medicare members)
Thought leadership on receptivity models and other tactics to support care management engagement
- Manage team of 12 Data scientists, and support end-to-end execution roadmap with additional colleagues in Clinical Analytics, Data Engineering and Marketing
- Develop and autonomously lead relationship with core clients, from peers up to VP level, to align on initiatives, provide regular updates, and solicit buy-in and feedback along execution
- Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions, frame and break down problems for analytics team
- Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions, and present recommendations to senior staff and internal clients and stakeholders
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- 6+ years experience in strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 6+ years in Healthcare sector, in an Analytics function tightly integrated with Healthcare Product launch, or AI-driven Healthcare Product definition and launch strongly preferred
- 6+ years of business experience leading analytics teams or data-driven initiatives with track record of business impact
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts, insights and implications to business partners
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and complexity to take calculated risks to solve problems, forge new paths for growth, and achieve challenging goals. Demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness when faced with challenges and obstacles.
- Confirmed experience leading teams and developing Data Science talent.
- Demonstrated strategic business leadership, identifying, quantifying, and pursuing new opportunities.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills: capable of influencing and driving collaboration at all levels within the organization. Proven ability to influence key stakeholders as well as drive meaningful change and innovation.
- The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence and an exceptional ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.