The Senior Director, Customer Experience and Service Ops Analytics, will drive the strategy, vision, goals and objectives to bring to bear our combined data, analytics and data science skills and transform CVS Healths Member Experience across channels, in partnership with our business partners. This leader will translate advanced data science and optimization skills into specific strategies to improve Customer experience across journeys, e.g., Member Onboarding into their Plans, support a cohesive experience for Aetna/Caremark/Retail Pharmacy members, overall NPS/CSAT improvement projects. The leader will also contribute Analytics solutions to improve operational processes, reduce inefficiencies, and increase automation for Call center operations to maximize margin while maintaining seamless customer experiences.
You will work closely with senior leadership across Marketing, Digital, Enterprise Insights, and Service Ops, to define new opportunities and provide internal data science capabilities and expertise to deliver identified value streams to improve experience while reducing cost of operations across the whole business. You will own the development and execution of all aspects of the Analytics strategy to drive $50M+ annual incremental EBIT.
o Core thought partner and contributor to Enterprise Customer Experience Strategy, including identifying, sizing and prioritizing opportunities in partnership with business partners (Service Operations, Digital, Marketing, Enterprise Insights)
o Set priorities, roadmap and execute strategy for CEX Analytics team, aligned with enterprise strategy. Pioneer opportunities for members whose experience cuts across Aetna, Caremark and Retail Pharmacy, e.g., one unified Call Center experience with Reps able to answer Medical and Pharmacy questions
o Lead a portfolio of large cross-functional projects, that collectively move the needle on Customer Experience and Service Ops operations. Some projects may target Commercial members, some may target our Medicare members. Example of projects include:
- Develop deep understanding of drivers of NPS or CSAT, as well as baseline journeys and pain points
- Stand up new Welcome and Onboard experience for new and returning members, including Digital/in-app experience, in partnership with colleagues in Marketing and Digital organization
- Fixing customer experience journeys, e.g., Find a provider, in collaboration with Service Ops (call center), Digital (in-app and website), and Marketing (email/direct mail/SMS capabilities)
- Develop machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to drive cost out of the Call Center, e.g., improve member authentication, drive self-service programs, reduce Repeat calls, improve first-call resolution, inform and support better customer service reps workflows, smooth out busy season call volumes
- Provide transparency into Member Contactability (emailability, home address, cell phone numbers) for each book of business. Drive digital adoption and reversely Print reduction for the enterprise, in partnership with Marketing and Digital colleagues
o Develop and autonomously lead relationship with core clients, from peers up to VP level, to align on initiatives, provide regular updates, and solicit buy-in and feedback along execution
- Works with senior leaders to further understand their priorities and identify new opportunities to implement analytics solutions to business problems
o Manage team of up to 15 Data scientists, working on data-driven customer experience projects; In addition, team also includes ~6 offshore data scientists and analysts
o Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions, frame and break down problems for analytics team
o Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions, and present recommendations to senior staff and internal clients and stakeholders
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- 6+ years experience in strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 6+ years of business experience leading analytics teams or data-driven initiatives with track record of business impact
- 6+ years of experience leading customer experience initiatives in data-driven context, with cross-functional stakeholders
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts, insights and implications to business partners
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and complexity to take calculated risks to solve problems, forge new paths for growth, and achieve challenging goals. Demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness when faced with challenges and obstacles.
- Confirmed experience leading teams and developing Data Science talent.
- Demonstrated strategic business leadership, identifying, quantifying, and pursuing new opportunities.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills: capable of influencing and driving collaboration at all levels within the organization. Proven ability to influence key stakeholders as well as drive meaningful change and innovation.
- The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence and an exceptional ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with IBM Watson and AI conversational solutions a plus, i.e., speech modeling, classification intent extraction, dialogue design and entity extracting models
Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.