Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Sr. Associate Software Engineer
The Sr. Associate Software Engineer is responsible to design, code, and/or configure solutions for low to moderate complexity Agile stories, as well as debugging and resolving low to moderate software bugs or issues.
- Designs, codes, and/or configures solutions for low to moderate complexity Agile stories with close direction from a more senior software engineer.
- Debugs and resolves low to moderate complexity software bugs or issues, with close direction from more senior software engineers, and finds the real root cause and provides a fix without collateral damage.
- Writes automated unit and integration-level tests with direction from other team members.
- Follows development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews.
- Performs basic source code management tasks at the direction of more senior software engineer.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- Total Work Experience: 4+ years (software development), 2 years minimum
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Proficient in Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Proficient in Duck Creek Policy or Billing or Claims or Engagement (AP) or Data Insights
- Ability to manage to deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance
- Understands how to estimate the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met