We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our engineering team to help drive our partnership solutions. In this role, you will work with our engineering and partnership teams to drive technical architecture of partnership integrations as well as influence internal product roadmap for partnership solutions and features. You will be expected to participate in introductory discussions with external partners, assist business development and help coordinate technical efforts on both sides. This is not a sales engineer role - while you will participate in the discovery phase and assist our partnership business team in the initial phase, most of your responsibilities will involve the implementation phase.
- Provide technical expertise and gain understanding of partner's platform environment during the discovery phase
- Assist partnership and business development team in the introductory phase and develop technical proposals
- Coordinate technical aspects of external partnership including technical roadmap, overseeing and assisting integration and custom feature development
- Define partnership software requirements for future features of our platform
- Assist our product and account managers with technical project management
- Work with and lead Better.com engineers implementation of both custom partner features as well as future product features
- Communicate with stakeholders on partner's side
- 3 years as a solutions architect (fintech or SaaS is a plus)
- Experience with integration using APIs and cloud based solutions
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Travel up to 25%, most work will be internally with our engineers and business partners
- New York based (relocation available)
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
More Jobs From