Software Project Manager (New York)
Acquired by Accenture Digital in June 2017 and founded in 2010, Intrepid is an end-to-end mobile design and development studio with headquarters in Cambridge, MA and offices in NYC, Houston, and Chicago. With expertise in insightful product strategy, well-crafted design and development for iOS, Android, Web and Rails, we help companies, from startup to enterprise, boldly navigate their mobile future.
The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play, and Accenture Digital is leading the way - driving these exciting changes across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. Designing and implementing cutting-edge digital solutions for leading businesses and governments around the world, you will be creating real wow moments for customers, connecting them with our clients through advanced analytics, interactive, social media and mobility. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on, to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices - Interactive, Mobility and Analytics. Accenture Interactive helps the worlds leading brands delight their customers and deliver superior business performance and customer experiences. As part of Accenture Interactive Platforms & Products, youll balance art and science to create award-winning digital experiences for todays connected consumers through integrated and dynamic solutions that incorporate strategy, marketing, creative and technology.
We are seeking a Project Manager, someone who is a great communicator and natural problem solver to help us deliver software on time and on budget. The ideal candidate has the experience to recognize project issues early and the skills to communicate these problems effectively while enabling solutions. Candidates should enjoy interacting with clients in settings ranging from pre-sales to delivery and maintenance.
Our dream project manager has had experience in a variety of software development methodologies with an emphasis on Agile (kanban, scrum, or others). You have been, or have the desire to be, in a client-facing role and the communication skills required to do so. We pride ourselves on our startup culture, and need a leader who thrives in such environments. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the company as a whole, allowing you to grow quickly in a fun, exciting, and productive atmosphere.
YOUR ROLE: Project Manager
- Work closely with engineering, design, product, and QA to deliver the best digital products for our clients
- End to end management of client engagements - detailed project plans, scope and budget definition, resource allocation, product delivery, maintenance
- Organize and facilitate project timeline with clients and team, including generating estimates for project complexity and duration
- Serve as point person in client communications and manage developer/client interactions
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on project development and client management skills
- Manage client relationship and expectations throughout project lifecycle
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders (internal and external), work to resolve issues and problems, proactively identify project risks and make recommendations for resolution to ensure project success
- Act as Scrum Master overseeing daily standups, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, etc
- Help develop and maintain core team processes
- Prepare roadmap reports for projects to both team members and clientele
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- 2+ years of project management experience, delivering technology solutions in a variety of different styles (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- 1+ years experience managing teams of 1-6 developers and designers
- Bachelor's Degree
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
- Previous experience interfacing with clients in consulting environment
- Well-versed in Agile process
- Excellent ability to multi-task (youll be managing 2-4 projects simultaneously)
- Understanding of the current mobile environment (iOS, Android, responsive web, etc)
- 1+ years building web based/SaaS software products
- Experience building mobile products a plus
- PMP, PMI, SCRUM or other relevant certifications
- Strong knowledge of project management principles and the software development lifecycle
- Background in managing enterprise level web and software development projects
We take great pride in our benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Generous paid time off
- 9 company observed holidays
- Annual bonus and raise
- Stock purchase program
- Great team events
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions underpinned by the worlds largest delivery network Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us atwww.accenture.com.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.