Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As a member of Jackpockets Engineering Team, youll collaborate with teammates, leadership, and cross functional stakeholders to build and enhance consumer applications, APIs, internal administration tools, and more. Were looking for a passionate and collaborative engineer with a growth mindset who can think outside the box and bring innovative ideas to the table as the team rapidly improves and scales Jackpockets tech infrastructure.
- Participate in initiatives around new libraries and technologies to improve and scale Jackpockets capabilities
- Work collaboratively to develop and enhance the backend system, including cleaning and refactoring existing code
- Collaborate on ongoing efforts to optimize database usage, improve system performance and reliability, and ensure compliance with security and regulation requirements
- Maintain and contribute to existing test suites to ensure that Jackpocket applications are reliable and work as intended
- Contribute to compliance related initiatives including but not limited to state regulations and SOC audits
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience working with non-trivial Ruby on Rails applications
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Functional knowledge of APIs, third party service integrations, and ability to write efficient code that can handle applications at scale
- Ability to write clean and efficient SQL
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy and upward mobility
This is a full-time exempt position and is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact [email protected].