As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As part of the Infrastructure Engineering department, our software engineers collaborate internally to design, create and maintain custom software solutions including web applications, automation tools and command line utilities which help optimize company productivity. We are seeking individuals who write exceptional and reliable code for a multitude of projects leveraged internally by the company at large. Daily tasks will include working with Python and PHP as primary development languages for a large majority of the solutions and interacting with RESTful APIs, MySQL databases, and any other of data sources leveraged by implemented solutions.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to design and develop tools used to assist in managing Dattos infrastructure
- Develop in a Linux environment (Ubuntu) that will interface with thousands of servers
- Participate in an energized agile software development lifecycle
- Participate in code and design reviews with your peers to ensure high quality, efficient solutions are used
- Write test automation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Limited off-hours support is required
- Limited travel may be required
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with PHP or Python strongly preferred
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with relational database design principles (e.g., MySQL)
- Experience delivering production software
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as our needs evolve
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience with full stack development and web application frameworks (e.g., Symfony, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Experience with single page applications (Vue, React, etc)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment
- Understanding of the MVC Design Pattern
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Experience with Linux systems administration (e.g. Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS/RedHat/Fedora, etc.)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.