The Data Science team at Ordergroove is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our growing lineup. As we expand our platform to include more data driven offerings, our data storage and access requirements are growing rapidly. This team is responsible for designing and building the components of this system and ensuring their integrity and performance.
Our team impacts the entire Ordergroove platform which powers the retail experience of some of world's largest brands. On this platform the data science team are creating the foundational infrastructure for a new collection of data and AI driven products to enable frictionless commerce. If youre interested in a crucial role building scalable infrastructure for highly visible products, then this role might be for you. Check out our current tech stack here.
What you will do:
- Design data platform components to backstop new products.
- Build resilient and scalable solutions for both batch and real-time services.
- Evaluate and test the tradeoffs between competing technologies and architectures.
- Model and structure data storage according to product requirements.
- Monitor and optimize performance of our platform.
- Automate deployment of new infrastructure.
- You write production level Python on a daily basis (R additionally a plus)
- You have hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- You are skilled at writing and optimizing SQL (core application DBs use MySQL Google BigQuery)
- You ideally have experience with Apache Airflow
- You have built/administered distributed systems at scale (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra etc.)
- You understand at least one Python-based web framework (Django, Flask etc)
- You preferably have some DevOps experience (especially with Chef and Kubernetes)
- You have 2+ years experience in a related role
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
More Jobs From