Office Tour Photos
Who are we?
Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our patented technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.
What is the Role?
The Place Exchange Engineering team is seeking a Software Engineer who is passionate about solving interesting problems at scale. Youll be joining a team of full stack engineers, evolving our programmatic platform that currently processes 10s of millions of ad auctions per day. Some of the things you'll do:
- Ship small to medium features independently
- Pair with senior engineers on the team to help deliver key initiatives
- Document the features that you are building
- Follow best practices for shipping good software, including comprehensive testing, CI/CD hygiene and code instrumentation
Your first 30 days:
- Learn and understand Place Exchanges corporate, departmental and team goals
- Gain a good understanding of the Place Exchange landscape
- Begin implementing small code improvements to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues
Your first 60 days:
- Pair with team members on committed initiatives and deliver new functionality for our services
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices
- Work with the Product team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap
Your first 90 days:
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Design and implement significant technical architecture improvements, including conception, research, maintenance, and polish.
- Collaborate to define the technical needs for Place Exchanges continued expansion
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
Wed love to hear from you if you:
- Have 1-3 years of software development experience
- Have experience in designing, developing and delivering web applications at scale.
- Have experience with Python, or comparable server-side languages, like Java or Node
- Have experience using platform/tooling like Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Have experience with monitoring tools like Datadog
- Have willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Have focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Have strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Communicate effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Data Engineering practices
- Experience with Django
- Experience with Frontend design
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Some experience working with brands and agencies in digital or traditional media
Even if you don't meet all of the qualifications, please apply anyway. We'd love to hear from you! Send us your resume and a few lines in a cover letter explaining why this role and Place Exchange would be a great fit for you.
At Intersection & Place Exchange we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and its our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
More Jobs From