Launched in 2010, SinglePlatform quickly gained momentum, named one of Americas Most Promising Startups by Businessweek. Acquired by Constant Contact in 2012 and now a part of Endurance International Group, SinglePlatform has maintained the atmosphere of a hard-working, fun-loving startup while embracing the structure and expertise that our parent companies have to offer. Our culture revolves around positivity and productivity. The office has a magnetic energy that makes us excited to get to the office each day and give 100%.
SinglePlatform helps small businesses stand out by enhancing their listings on top search engines, travel and review sites, online listing directories, and mobile apps used by over 200 million people to find local businesses. We empower small businesses by giving them the ability to update their information across the web through our portal, a single platform for your online presence. Weve built the technology, partner network, and support team to drive local business success.
Engineers at SinglePlatform collaborate with other disciplines on product development from conception through implementation. We are looking for Software Engineers who have experience developing scalable web applications with a passion for building state-of-the-art software.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate on a cross-discipline team to build scalable web applications and services in an Agile fashion
- Keep current on emerging technologies to advance our architecture/technologies to support growth of the business
- Benchmark and optimize the performance of new and existing applications
- Participate in departmental code reviews and best practice discussions
Qualifications -Who you are and what you have experience with:
- Excellent with of OOP and Python
- Experience with either modern web application frameworks Django or Flask
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web applications and services
- Experience with SQL Databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Ability to solve business problems by writing simple, effective code
- Ability to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML to build scalable, testable RESTful applications
- Experience with at least one SCM system like Git
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively
Experience that would make you an even better candidate:
- S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like CouchDB, Redis
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with mobile web application development
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development