Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Software Configuration Lead
The Software Configuration Lead is the primary point of contact on implementation projects for both the Customer and the internal project team, and is recognized by the project team and customer as the expert on the product and project. Serves as the point of escalation for project related activities, and for the Customer. The Software Configuration Lead is responsible for the performance of the team and is expected to mentor team members by increasing their knowledge and skills of the project, product and customer. Also, may be expected to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Oversees a team of developers, designers, and architects to ensure the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Oversees the configuration, building, and testing of the application.
- Serves as the primary contact for the Sales and Product Management and Client Delivery teams by providing pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support through knowledge of the product or product line
- Leads discussions with customers to understand and transform customer requirements into user and application requirements.
- Leads a team and delivers successful outcomes, while anticipating business challenges and implementing solutions.
- Serves as primary point of escalation for project team and customer, engaging leadership only when necessary.
- Contributes IP back into the Duck Creek practice
- Serves as a mentor on teams
- Trusted advisor of the customer
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or its foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely-related Computer/IT technical and analytics field
- Minimum of 12 years professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform
- Experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience in HTML, ASP, and XML preferred
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and managing employee performance
- Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Familiarity with insurance products, rules and methodologies desirable
- Familiarity with merge fields for Microsoft Word and Adobe.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Travel: At least 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.