Smarter, faster, and as always - first. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is seeking a passionate and creative Social Producer with digital news experience to lead content distribution and audience growth for QuickTake, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. You will be responsible for managing our flagship accounts across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook, covering the day's top stories, monitoring breaking news, packaging and optimizing stories for social and producing social content. You should have video production and editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as exceptional writing skills. You will be trusted to produce videos for multiple social platforms ranging from breaking news, animations/gifs and short text-on-screen clips to help us cover the biggest stories from around the world. You will be responsible for pitching and executing innovative and unique angles on the stories our audience cares about most. You should have a remarkable ability to distill a 3-minute video or a 300 word story down to a single captivating sentence, engaging the reader and persuading them to view, reply, RT and/or like.
You have impeccable news judgement and can work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment. You have experience publishing to social platforms, as well as creating captivating narratives via Instagram stories, Twitter threads and Twitter moments. The right candidate is passionate about social media and is an expert in optimization best practices on each platform. A passion for analytics and ability to analyze data to make informed decisions is a must, as well as experience using SocialFlow, CrowdTangle and Adobe Creative Suite.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage QuickTake's social media accounts
- Identify and monitor the top global stories
- Pitch creative story ideas
- Create content for social, including .gifs, animations and graphics
- Cover breaking news and live events
- Curate the social conversation around a story
- Work with the video editors and producers to help publish videos optimized for social engagement
- Build growth and engagement strategies
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform.
You'll need to have:
- Proven experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news
- Exceptional writing skills
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro; a firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is an asset
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
- Strong editorial judgement
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From