Social Media Data Analyst - New York
Brandwatch is the global leader in social intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide. We build smart software solutions that help collect, analyze and share insights from millions of conversations across the web. Home to over 500 people from 30+ different nations, Brandwatch is a place that challenges, motivates and supports its diverse staff to find answers to new problems in an ever-changing social world. Better. Bolder. More Brilliant.
Professional Services is a core component of Customer Success at Brandwatch. As a team, we strive to enable and advance our clients use of social data across their organisations by delivering bespoke solutions and subject-matter expertise that have a real business impact.
We are looking to hire an experienced Social Media Data Analyst to join our dynamic, customer-focused Professional Services team in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity that offers varied, hands-on work and the flexibility to learn, grow, and develop in the constantly changing landscape of social intelligence.
Were looking for someone who:
- Loves using data to tell stories
- Thrives on helping people and deeply understanding clients needs
- Wants to work with a wide variety of brands and use-cases
- Is a credible, engaging communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels
- Can effectively translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Has a keen eye for detail and a knack for optimizing within constraints
- Prefers a hands-on, forward-thinking approach
- Solves problems for fun and enjoys testing limits
- Has experience working independently and juggling multiple deadlines
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert user and advocate of the full Brandwatch product suite
- Implement effective, scalable social media measurement solutions on behalf of Brandwatch clients
- Consult with clients and colleagues regarding social media data and its use in business settings
- Push the boundaries of social data analysis by crafting solutions for complex requirements
- Lead client meetings as a subject-matter specialist, and represent your own work in a clear, engaging manner
- Take ownership of a set of global, strategic clients as a consistent platform and technical advisor
- Provide feedback to guide new product development
A successful candidate must have:
- Strong (>1 year) working background in social media analytics, ideally in a dedicated role implementing social intelligence solutions or delivering social data insights
- Hands-on expertise using social media analytics platforms (preferably Brandwatch and/or Crimson Hexagon)
- Experience constructing boolean searches, working with unstructured text, analysing large datasets, and simplifying complex data
- Broad familiarity with social media communities, networks, and tools
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (distributions, significance, sampling)
- Experience interacting with clients and/or presenting complex information to stakeholders
- Exceptional time-management and task-management skills
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google suites (in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents)
- A degree in an analytical or business-related subject, or equivalent experience
- Ability to accomodate occasional domestic and international travel
- Authorisation to work in the USA without visa sponsorship
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a generous 25 paid vacation days, 9 national holidays, and 5 personal days. We also offer a customizable set of benefits including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K match, discount gym membership, and commuter benefits.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. Crains New York noticed this and voted us as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 3 years. As a growing international company, with 8 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyones voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and, above all, we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch New York is the seat of our growing Americas business. We can be found in the vibrant and central Flatiron district, with excellent restaurants, shopping, and of course Madison Square Park. Our light-filled offices have cupboards bursting with snacks, well-stocked drinks fridges, and sushi days.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes