Senior UX/UI Product Designer
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for a talented Senior UX/UI Product Designer to design engaging experiences on TripAdvisors native and web platforms for travelers worldwide.
You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, which includes but not limited to wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and visual design. As a part of the design team, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and other designers, as well as with brand, marketing, usability, copywriting and other product partners.
In short: Awesome brand. Global audience. Collaborative environment. Cool teams. Free lunches. Design & influence for a living.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms, and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Use best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Hands-on production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features, and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Drive and/or collaborate on all cyclical user testing sessions
- Help create, maintain and enforce the brand book, templates, style guides and toolkits
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 5 to 9 years of experience designing for iOS, Android and Web
- Online portfolio that showcases your design skills and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- Shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines, and have portfolio examples to show it
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Principle, Lottie
- Excellent communicator who has conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with other
- Portfolio submission required