Twitter is seeking an experienced User Researcher to be part of our Heath Team, with a specific focus on addressing Misleading Information. This position works closely with our Social Science Research team. The position is for a Senior Researcher. We are looking for someone who can contribute to our health work, as well as someone who can work with our team to leverage external relationships with social scientists.
Job Description & Interview Criteria
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Help stakeholders focus on the needs of Twitter users as they identify and confront misleading information. In this role, you will perform foundational research— create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Carry out user testing and gather feedback.
- Draw on research experience to provide strategic guidance on Health planning and execution.
- Utilize a variety of social science research perspectives, including: conducting primary research, engaging external social science researchers outside the company, and seeking out areas of impact for Twitter’s teams. Look for ways to bring in external researchers and subject matter experts into the company to make an impact on Twitter work streams.
Criteria for the Position:
Cross-Functional Experience in Applied Research Settings:
- History of having a meaningful impact on product and/or company goals
- Experience working effectively Design, DS, Eng, PM to realize common goals.
Experience working in collaborative, multi-methodological environments:
- Construct problems and diagnose UX problems that require attentiveness to multiple methodologies.
- Set up & execute quantitative and qualitative analytic research projects with researchers on the Health and Social Science research teams.
- Demonstrated an eagerness to learn or grow in role (by proactively seeking out new challenges)
- Growth mindset. Openness to feedback and new ideas, ability to ask for help
- Focused on helping the business and team
- 5+ years conducting user experience research, with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with health/integrity-related topic areas
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.