Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about understanding our users and their needs.
We are looking for someone who is able to both tactically apply research methods and also think in terms of research strategy. Reporting to the Lead User Researcher, the Senior User Research will be part of our growing User Experience organization and will play a key role in planning, strategizing, executing, and supporting user research to reach informed design decisions. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to do research at a larger scale and across multiple products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Strategize, plan, and execute both short-term and long-term user research projects to answer business and product questions
- Collaborate with others across the organization to define research objectives and hypotheses, identify gaps in knowledge, and acquire consensus on the problem to be researched
- Determine and refine the appropriate methodology and scope to answer research questions
- Quickly document and synthesize relevant high- and low- level findings for different audiences and generate actionable insights
- Facilitate group synthesis and foster shared understanding with the team and business partners
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to prioritize roadmap changes and advocate for users point of view
- Articulate research best practices (both qualitative and quantitative) and apply them appropriately to achieve effective results
- Partner with, and mentor others in how to conduct user research
- Help support company-wide research initiatives
What We'll Expect From You:
- Practical experience in a previous UX or User Research role in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to design a research study to eliminate biases
- Previous experience effectively combining qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Interest in teaching or mentoring others
- Curiosity and an interest in learning new things
- Bonus: Background with relevant technology and/or Developer culture
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: User Experience
Want to learn more about our User Experience team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From