Office Tour Photos
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to support the Tax team at KAYAK and OpenTable. Reporting to Senior Manager, Tax based in Stamford. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, the position will work closely with the team members to help shape the global tax function supporting beloved travel brands across the globe. The successful candidate should 1) be a strong project manager who has experience setting stretching goals and delivering results, 2) possess learning and growth mindset who continues to challenge status quo and improve processes, and 3) be an exceptional team player who appreciates the differences people bring and embraces the diversity others bring in a global organization.
This position will support the Tax Manager in the day-to-day tax operations OpenTables global business. This position is expected to work closely with various Finance team members (AR, AP, GL, and Finance Systems to mention a few) and other departments at OpenTable. \\
This position will be based in our Stamford, CT location.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provisions (prior ASC 740 experience a plus)
- Preparation of income tax provision supporting workpapers which include ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) calculations, tax account rollforward schedules and return to provision analysis
- Preparation of income tax journal entries, account reconciliations, and quarterly variance analysis
- Provide tax support for the Companys various departments. This includes preparing tax projections, modeling various income tax scenarios, and assisting with ad hoc financial analysis where needed
- Coordinate and review US and various foreign income tax returns prepared by outside service providers
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate gathering of information necessary for the income tax provision and income tax compliance
- Assist in responding to inquiries from tax authorities in connection to notices and examinations
- Assist in SOX testing of tax department controls with respect to income tax accounts
- Assist in researching opportunities, risks, and other ad hoc projects
- Keep abreast of changes in tax statutes and regulations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is desirable)
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in tax accounting concepts, including familiarity with SBC, ETB, and discrete tax expense.
- 3+ years of tax accounting and compliance experience, preferably in Big 4 and/or technology industry.
- 3+ years of indirect tax experiences (VAT/GST knowledge desirable, not required)
- High work standards and strong work ethics, able to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and cross functional groups, results driven with high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate or present issues in a clear and effective manner
- Understanding of tax requirements and exposures
- Scale and process-oriented with high attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an inclusive environment for all employees no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
More Jobs From