Senior Tax Analyst
About our role
This position will support the Tax Manager in the day-to-day tax operations of KAYAK's global business. In this position you will work closely with various Finance team members (AR, AP, GL, and Finance Systems to mention a few) and other departments at KAYAK and OpenTable.
In this position you will:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provisions (prior ASC 740 experience a plus)
- Prepare income tax provision, supporting workpapers which include ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) calculations, tax account roll-forward schedules and return to provision analysis
- Prepare income tax journal entries, account reconciliations, and quarterly variance analysis
- Provide tax support for the OpenTable's various departments. This includes preparing tax projections, modeling various income tax scenarios, and assisting with ad hoc financial analysis where needed
- Coordinate and review US and various foreign income tax returns prepared by outside service providers
- Work cross-functionally to gather information necessary for the income tax provision and income tax compliance
- Assist in responding to inquiries from tax authorities in connection to notices and examinations
- Take part in SOX testing of tax department controls with respect to income tax accounts
- Assist in researching opportunities, risks, and other ad hoc projects
- Stay abreast of changes in tax statutes and regulations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is desirable)
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in tax accounting concepts, including familiarity with SBC, ETB, and discrete tax expense.
- CPA or CPA in progress required
- 3+ years of tax accounting and compliance experience, preferably in Big 4 and/or technology industry.
- High work standards and strong work ethics, able to produce timely deliverables and handle multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and cross functional groups, results driven with high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate or present issues in a clear and effective manner
- Understanding of tax requirements and exposures
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
About the Finance Team:
Our Finance team supports the business: we provide reports, pay the bills and our people, collect money, crunch numbers and meet stringent compliance standards and deadlines and we have fun while doing it. We take our responsibilities seriously, as we do the company Halloween competition. We enjoy working together and with our cross-functional colleagues around the globe. We value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and we take pride in mentorship and in creating opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Does this sound like you? If so, lets chat!
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
4 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Generous retirement plans
Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
No stupid meetings
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Free massages from professional masseuse
Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.