Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Accounting and Finance team is hiring for a proactive and motivated Senior Tax Analyst to join our growing tax team. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, this role offers the unique opportunity to directly impact Betters growth trajectory by joining Betters growing tax function. You will assist with the companys efforts around federal, state, local and international tax filings, tax credits and incentives, and in tax planning and strategy by creating processes in alignment with best practices. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with tax advisors and an instrumental contributor. As the company continues to scale rapidly, you will be expected to take on responsibility at a rapid pace and must be willing to work on various ad-hoc tax projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with federal, state and local income tax returns, audits and ensure tax compliance in all jurisdictions
- Calculate financial statement reporting of income taxes under US GAAP for quarterly and annual reporting
- Work on special projects as assigned, including, but not limited to participation in tax process improvement and automation
- Assist with research and monitoring of legislative and regulatory tax law developments
- Assist with data collection from cross functional teams
- Manage tax notices
- Assist with maintaining effective control procedures over tax processes in alignment with best practices
- Build relationships and interact with tax advisors and preparers to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Liaise with Better colleagues in Talent, Compliance and other departments as needed
- 3+ years of corporate tax experience (Big 4 a plus)
- Strong understanding of ASC 740 and relevant financial reporting requirements
- Experience with international tax filings a plus
- Able to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to "roll up your sleeves"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.